Humble Beast is looking for a photography & videography intern!
With the rapid growth of Humble Beast, there is a lot of work to be done and a small number of people to do it. Humble Beast is looking for someone willing to do the seemingly little (but actually super important) things that keep the wheels turning, while also being qualified to serve as our Photography & Videography Intern.
Nuts & bolts:
- Length of Internship: 6 months
- Internship Start Date: February 15, 2016
- Compensation: Unpaid
- Expected Work Load: Minimum 20 hours/week
**Keep in mind, if you are not local to the Portland area, you will be responsible for finding housing, transportation, income, etc. for the 6-month duration, if selected for the internship.
As an intern, you'll be expected to:
- Take lifestyle, product, and portrait photographs
- Edit and touch-up photos
- Operate a video camera during shoots
- Assist in video shoots
- Edit videos
- Color-grade videos and create motion graphics
- and maybe some of the little things:
- Making Coffee
- Folding merchandise
- Order Fulfillment
- Taking inventory
- Studio upkeep
- Social Media upkeep
- Writing small to medium amounts of copy
- Running and maintaining the online store
- Driving, picking up items, running errands
You gotta have:
These are necessary prerequisites!
- Knowledge of and experience with a DSLR camera
- Knowledge of lighting and composition
- Knowledge of and experience with Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier Pro, and Adobe Lightroom
It'd be dope if you had:
These are not necessary, but are super helpful!
- Knowledge of and experience with Adobe After Effects, Da Vinci Resolve, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator
- Skills in organization, production, and composition, aiding in video and photo shoots and shot preparation
- Your own equipment (cameras, lenses, stands, etc). While we've got everything we need, having more options at a shoot is always best!
"Yeah, I want to do this. Now what?"
In order to be considered for the internship, a complete applications includes:
- The completed application, found below.
- A pdf of your rèsumè or CV
- A video telling us, in a creative way, who you are and what you do, no longer than 60 seconds*
- A portfolio of your best photography
- A reel of your best videography (While only one of these is needed, two might increase your chances of being selected)
*Please fill out this application and send all relevant material (as either a link to your work posted online, or as attachments) to info@humblebeast with "video/photo internship" as the subject of the e-mail. Applications due January 15.